I forgot to put this in the last post, but I also got to experience one of Ethiopia's "different" (to be polite) traditions...last night bogut invited me to eat injera with him and Rick's night guard.  So we went outside and the way you eat the injera is, essentially it's a big thin bitter pancake (think in between crepe and pancake) with vegetables cooked in oil and spices heaped on top, so you tear off a piece with your right hand and then you dab it in the veggies in the middle, pick some up, and try to get it all into your mouth without spilling...sounds easy enough.  It gets a little more complicated though when your ethiopian host insists on feeding you.  so sure enough, last night the night guard didn't think i was eating enough and so he proceeded to feed me two fistfuls of injera and veggies.  I felt like my ethiopian culture education had formally begun. 

Comments