I have had an amazing 2 days here in addis.  rick and his boys are extremely nice and i've been spending all of my free time hanging out with them.  there was a huge shabbat dinner here last night w/ thirty to forty people including 12 2nd year med students from GW; they'll be here for the next 3 weeks and spending 2 days/week at mother theresa's.  went to the clinic 2x yesterday for 30 minutes to check up on Rick's 2 most interesting cases - 1 16 yo boy w/MALT lymphoma and another boy ~13 yo w/Burketts lymphoma.  will sleep at rick's again tonight and probably go to hotel tomorrow.  had a great dinner tonight with friends of my aunt and uncle's who work here in Addis. It's been great so far and I"m very excited for the next few weeks!  saw some AMAZING cases today including retina blastoma, mitral regurgitation, and many cases of tb of the spine and congenital scoliosis.  as rick said, it's a pretty amazing learning curve and I"m learning tons every day. 

I'll write again when I can get to an internet cafe and add some hyperlinks.  hope everyone is well!

Comments