Not so clueless afterall

As usual, this saturday morning was extremely busy. Even with Rick gone (in LA for 10 days), there was more than enough dressing to be done by the 3 teams working - Dr. Solomon (an orthopedic surgeon I was told), the GW students, and Jim, 2 other volunteers from Lyston (a 23 yo kindergarten teacher from raleigh and a 17 year old girl from morehead city), and the other nurses normally staffing the dressing room. The GW students invited me to scrub up with them (i.e. putting on gloves) and when I told them I only knew what we had been doing the past week they said I knew more than them. When I saw the teacher and the 17 yo helping dress wounds, I realized that I will probably turn out to be much more effective than even I had hoped possible. It was a welcome discovery that maybe I do know what I'm doing, at least in a the setting of the dressing room/opd @ the mother theresa mission.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Impressive...

How many days a week are you working? What time does the clinic shut down at night (i.e. how long are your days)?